Wednesday, December 14, 2011

FORGIVE YOURSELF!!!

When you check my previous post (FORGIVE & FORGET), My focus was more on others. Today I feel its even easier to forgive others than ourself. Personally when something little happen, I go back to my mistakes and I keep condemning my self. I hear people lie to themselves and blame others for their own mistakes but when I self examine, I blame myself more than I blame people. I believe for every wrong people do to us, we have our own contribution, we allowed it. But today I have a different notion, its ok to self examine, access your wrongs and correct it for future occurrence but don't dwell on it, that's the root of bitterness.
Let me ask you? How many times have you blamed yourself for a mistake? Tell me! when you do, does it change anything? of cos not, it only makes you weary and down and sometimes slow you down from forging ahead. I urge you, try as much as you can to feel bad about your mistakes and wrong decisions but don't stay there. This is not automatic! Am a witness. The best thing you can do for yourself is learn from it and continue your Journey. The bible says in Matt 18:21-23 "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.“Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. We cant achieve the above if we live in self condemnation. I am going to try it from this minute to Forgive myself
. My post are about me but this particular one is truly me. We all need this prayer of SERENITY!
DR I kept this very close to my heart, its strength for me in all this.....THANK YOU.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

True talk IB. Like the quote from George MacDonald, who says, Forgiveness is the giving, and also the receiving of life. Huunnmm,i now see why the weak can never forgive. Because Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.Says, Mahatma Gandhi. Know all and you will pardon all.We are all full of weakness and errors; let us mutually pardon each other our follies. A mature Christian has capacity to absorb the offenses and weaknesses of others, not just demand they perform up to the code of ideals. To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you. once you forgive, you are free. No wonder Cherie Carter-Scott says,Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.

Debbie said...

Forgiveness

Debbie said...

Approved

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
IB's Tot said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm Ore you said it all! May He grant us the grace to forgive ourself and others too in IJN.

Anonymous said...

I'm still very lost as to what to say. Nice piece. Truly true

Anonymous said...

You are very right when yOu say most of the time we forgive those who have in anyway offended us and we forget to forgive ourselves,although we tell ourselves by gone is by gone that we are leaving a new page,a life but when something remind us of our past then that word come back(had I know I wouldn't have done this)all we can do is pray God to give us the strength to forgive ourselves and we should see our past as a lesson and path.(ladder)which we are to climb and work.

IB's Tot said...

@yetty you are very correct....when something little happen we refer to the past pain...God will grant us Grace to stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Hi